The Department for the Economy has announced extensions to the terms of office of the Chair and two board members of public bodies sponsored by the Department.
Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland
The tenure of board member Lindsey Smith has been extended for five months from 1 November to 31 March 2020.
The tenure of the Chair Terence Brannigan and board member Geoff Wilson have been further extended. The extensions are for six months from 1 October 2019 to 31 March 2020.
The extensions were made in accordance with the Code of Practice issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland. More information is available on the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland (CPANI) website
Notes to editors:
- HSENI is a non-departmental public body (NDPB) with Crown status, funded by grant-in-aid from DfE. It was established on 1 April 1999 by an Order in Council, amending the Health and Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) Order 1978. Its mission is to ensure that risks to people’s health and safety arising from work activities are effectively controlled. Remuneration for Board Members is currently £3,930 per annum.
- Tourism Northern Ireland is a statutory non-departmental public body (NDPB) established under the Development of Tourist Traffic Act (NI) 1948. Its constitution and continuation were affirmed in the Tourism (NI) Order 1992. Tourism Northern Ireland is funded by the Department for the Economy under Article 7 of the Order, from monies voted by Parliament. Tourism Northern Ireland is the trading name of the Northern Ireland Tourist Board. The Chair post is remunerated at £26,195 per annum and Board Members are remunerated at £5,260 per annum.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. None of the appointees has carried out any political activity in the past five years.
- Pen pictures are available on the Department’s website on the Public Appointments Pen Pictures page.
- For media enquiries contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_ni
- Minister announces Neueda to expand in Belfast with 230 new jobs 06 August 2020
- Minister delivers keynote speech to Shoosmiths Business Web Seminar 06 August 2020
- County Tyrone motor trader fined and ordered to pay compensation for falsifying car documents 05 August 2020
- Economy Minister Diane Dodds highlights the strengths and potential of Northern Ireland’s Life and Health Sciences sector 04 August 2020