The Department for the Economy has made a number of reappointments to the Board of the Construction Industry Training Board Northern Ireland (CITB NI).
The following re-appointments took effect from 1 June 2019 for a period of three years.
Christine Boyle was reappointed as an employer representative.
Maria Bradley was reappointed as an employee representative.
Claire Mahon was reappointed as an education representative.
The following reappointments take effect from 1 July 2019 for a period of three years.
Maurice Johnston will be reappointed as Chair.
Brian Vaughan, David Henry and Derek Martin will be reappointed as employer representatives.
Ciaran Brolly, Siobhan Hassard and Jackie Pollock will be reappointed as employee representatives.
Christopher Corken will be reappointed as an education representative.
CITB NI is the only remaining statutory training board in Northern Ireland. Its purpose is to encourage the training of those employed or intending to be employed in the Northern Ireland construction industry.
Notes to editors:
- These appointments have been made in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments NI Code of Practice.
- The posts are non-pensionable. Appointments to the Board are made on a part-time basis. The Chair post is remunerated at £19,071 per annum. Members are remunerated at the rate of £145 per day for over four hours (£75 for less than four hours) attended.
- All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland requires the political activity of appointees (if any declared) to be published. All appointees have confirmed no political activity.
- Pen pictures are available on the DfE website
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_NI
- Lyons urges businesses get involved in the High Street Scheme 23 September 2021
- Lyons officially opens new £30m Erne Campus of South West College 22 September 2021
- Be ready with key information when applying for Spend Local card: Lyons 20 September 2021
- Economy Minister Gordon Lyons announces new Assured Skills Academy with PwC 20 September 2021