The Department for the Economy has launched a public appointments competition to recruit four new Members to the Governing Body of Stranmillis University College.
Stranmillis was founded as a non-denominational institution in 1922 to provide state-funded teacher training alongside that already available at the existing St Mary’s College. Both institutions have since become academically recognised as university colleges of the Queen’s University of Belfast. Stranmillis offers teacher training for the primary and secondary school sectors as well as professional development courses, a BA in Early Childhood Studies and a BSc in Health, Physical Activity and Sport.
The appointments will begin in August 2019. Members serve in a voluntary capacity receiving no remuneration other than reimbursement of reasonable expenses. The time commitment is at least 6 meetings per annum. Members may also be invited to sit on sub-committees.
Individuals who can demonstrate the ability to think strategically, analyse information and make decisions, and who have good communication and influencing skills are encouraged to apply.
This is an open competition and the Department would like to appeal to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. The Department would particularly welcome applications from women, people with a disability and those from an ethnic minority as they are currently under-represented on the Governing Body of Stranmillis University College.
Details of the competition are available at the Department for the Economy Public Appointments page.
An application pack with full details and guidance may be obtained by emailing email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm on Wednesday 8th May 2019.
Notes to editors:
- The Department for the Economy is running the competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The Department is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. The Department is also committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes application forms from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of religious belief, gender, race, political opinion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not they have dependants.
- Applicants invited for interview are eligible for reimbursement of reasonable travelling expenses incurred within the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
- For media enquiries, please contact the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Outside office hours, please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Economy_ni
- Labour Market Statistics 16 April 2019
- Trading Standards warns travellers to check cabin baggage size before leaving for the airport 16 April 2019
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index Quarter 4 2018 published 11 April 2019
- 11 April 2019