The All Ireland Scholarships Scheme for students in Northern Ireland is now open for applications.
The annual scholarships, funded by businessman JP McManus, are now in their tenth year in Northern Ireland and provide financial assistance to top-performing students from low income households who intend to take up full-time undergraduate courses in the coming autumn. The value of each scholarship is £5,500 per annum for the duration of their undergraduate degree programme.
Recognising the opportunities afforded by the Scholarships Noel Lavery, Permanent Secretary at the Department for the Economy, said:
“I would like to thank JP McManus for his continued generosity in providing these scholarships which help ease the financial concerns of the students.
These scholarships recognise the importance of higher education in changing lives and aim to ensure that high performing students are able to avail of the opportunity and continue their education. I am delighted to note that to date 250 students from Northern Ireland have been awarded a Scholarship.”
Further information and details on how to apply are available from nidirect and the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment
The closing date for receipt of application forms is 28 June 2019.
Notes to editors:
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department for the Economy Press Office on 028 9052 9604. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on twitter @Economy_NI
- Labour Market Statistics 16 April 2019
- Trading Standards warns travellers to check cabin baggage size before leaving for the airport 16 April 2019
- Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index Quarter 4 2018 published 11 April 2019
- Competition to appoint new Members to Stranmillis University College Governing Body 11 April 2019