State aid - Useful Contacts

If you work for a public body and need to speak to someone directly about State aid, please contact one of the following:


For advice on State aid in the Northern Ireland transport sector, please contact the Department for Infrastructure (DfI) Transport Policy, Strategy and Legislation Division:

Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and Aquaculture, and Rural Development

For advice on State aid in the Northern Ireland agriculture, forestry, fisheries and aquaculture sectors, and on support for rural development , please contact the Department for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA):

Industrial State aid

For advice on industrial State aid in all other sectors, please contact the Department for the Economy (DfE) State aid Unit:

Adelaide House is currently closed due to government measures introduced to deal with Covid-19.

If you would like to write to the DfE State aid Unit, the address is:

State aid Unit,
Department for the Economy,
Adelaide House,
39-49 Adelaide Street,

Please note that the above contact points can usually only give State aid advice to public bodies. Private sector organisations and individuals should seek independent legal advice.

State aid: A Beginner's Guide for Public Bodies in Northern Ireland provides advice, guidance and links to helpful information about State aid.

The State aid Rules, Regulations and Guidance page provides information about the rules and regulations that govern State aid, and guidance on how the rules and regulations should be applied.

Map location

Back to top