As the current Strategy ends in 2020, the Department has begun work on a new Skills Strategy to take Northern Ireland through the next decade and during the past year, we have been working with local stakeholders to begin development of this.
We have also commissioned Landfall Strategy Group and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to carry out research which will, in conjunction with the Northern Ireland Skills Barometer, build an evidence base to inform the recommendations in the new Strategy.
- Northern Ireland Skills Barometer 2019 Update
- The Strategic Integration of Skills and Innovation Policy in Northern Ireland
- Evaluation of Success through Skills – Transforming Futures
For details about programmes and initiatives run by the Department please visit the nidirect website
- Training Programmes (nidirect)
- Further education: skills development programmes (nibusinessinfo.co.uk)