- The latest NI seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for the period October - December 2016 was 5.3%, representing a decrease of 0.3 percentage points (pps) from the previous quarter, and of 0.5 pps over the year (from 5.8%).
- There was an increase (0.1 pps) in the employment rate (69.9%) and an increase (0.1 pps) in the economic inactivity rate (to 25.9%) over the most recent quarter.
- The latest NI unemployment rate (5.6%) was above the UK average of 4.8% however, it was below the European Union (8.3%) rate for October 2016 and Republic of Ireland (7.2%) rate for December 2016.
Labour Market Report
- Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA)
- Northern Ireland Neighbourhood Information Services (NINIS)
- Office for National Statistics (ONS)
If you would like to be added to a mailing list to receive the latest publications on the day they publish please email: email@example.com with the title of the publications you would like to receive.