A Higher Level Apprenticeship offers people, who have A levels or equivalent, the opportunity to gain quality training and a recognised higher qualification while in paid employment. Higher Level Apprenticeships (HLAs) currently offer qualifications from Level 4 to Level 6 (Honours Degree), with the majority being at Level 5 (Foundation degree).
The length of a Higher Level Apprenticeship will vary depending on the programme chosen, but will be a minimum of two years.
The Higher Level Apprenticeships programme aims to:
- provide apprentices with a unique way to achieve professional-level qualifications
- offer quality training combined with employment in partnership between employer, provider and apprentice
- provide increased opportunities for career progression
- provide a clear pathway to achieving ambitions in the workplace
- support employers in filling higher level skills gaps, increase productivity and meeting the skills needs of their business