NEW Claimant Count Annual Average Maps - Updated for 2014
Next Northern Ireland Labour Market Report: 16th November 2016
Latest Labour Market Report
At a glance
Labour Force Survey
- The unemployment rate for the period June-August 2016 was estimated at 5.5%
- The number of persons in employment in the period June-August 2016 was estimated at 847,000
- The NI economic inactivity rate for June-August 2016 for those aged 16-64 was estimated at 25.7%
- The seasonally adjusted claimant count decreased by 400 from last month's revised total. It now stands at 34,900 (3.9% of the workforce) in September 2016
Quarterly Employment Survey
- At June 2016, the seasonally adjusted employee jobs estimate in NI stood at 733,490
Composite Economic Index
- The Northern Ireland Composite Economic Index (NICEI) results indicate that NI economic activity increased by 1.0% from Quarter 1 to Quarter 2 2016. This is greater than the growth recorded for the UK for the same period (0.7%)
Index of Services
- Provisional results from the seasonally adjusted Index of Services for the second quarter (Apr-Jun) of 2016 show that output in NI, in real terms, increased over the quarter by 1.7%, compared with an increase of 0.5% reported in the UK as a whole.
Index of Production
- Provisional results from the Index of Production (IOP) for the second quarter (Apr-Jun) of 2016 show that output in Northern Ireland increased in real terms by 0.6% over the quarter whereas output in the UK as a whole increased by 2.0%.
Index of Construction
- The total volume of construction output in Northern Ireland in the second quarter of 2016 increased by 4.1% compared to Q1 2016 and was 3.3% higher compared to the same quarter in 2015.
Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings (ASHE)
- In April 2015 median gross weekly earnings for full-time employees were £485, up 5.4% from £460 in 2014.
- There were 262 confirmed redundancies in September 2016.
- There has been a 87% increase in the number of confirmed redundancies over the last year to 30th September 2016 – 3,487 compared to 1,868 in the previous year